MCLA Portal 2.0 coming May 26th!
On Thursday, May 26th, we’ll be rolling out the new MCLA Portal 2.0, which will replace this page for those who start with Campus Connection as their launch page. For those who log on with the old Portal page (sso.mcla.edu), beginning Thursday, May 26th, you will automatically be redirected to MCLA Portal 2.0.
The Web Manager and Computer Support Services collaborated with Students, Faculty, and Staff to give the Portal a new look and feel, and simplify the Portal’s usability. MCLA Portal 2.0 features:
- Five most used top-bar links to launch Email (Office 365), Calendar (Office 365), Canvas, Connection (Sharepoint), and Banner
- To the right of Banner are two icons for Preferences (hamburger icon) and Log Out (new feature!)
- Seven dropdown menus divided by roles and services; all links from Campus Connection, including Calendars and Forms, are brought over, in addition to a few more user-requested links
- Six simple default modules (which can be customized in Preferences) that display:
- Upcoming Events for the coming week (customizable)
- Student Announcements
- an MCLA Feed, which pulls all announcements for Faculty and Staff, Students, Job Opportunities, For Sale and Wanted, and Lost and Found (customizable)
- Current Courses for Students and Faculty, with access to Canvas for enrolled classes
- MCLA Tweets (customizable)
- About Me section specific to you, with selected information pulled from Banner
- Social Media & News links, and, of course, the Campus Search Directory
To preview, select New Portal or paste https://sso.mcla.edu/tropal/home/ in your browser window.
Should you have any comments or questions, we will be hosting a session at TechFest on Tuesday, May 17th at 10:00 am. If you cannot attend and have comments or questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Enjoy MCLA Portal 2.0!
Online Academic Resources
Canvas Learning Management