Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Proud Host of
Western Massachusetts High School Science & Engineering Fair
March 10, 2017
Amsler Campus Center at MCLA
Serving Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, & Hampshire Counties
Congratulations to all of our participants today! Here is a list of the 2017 winners.
The 2017 Western Massachusetts Region 1 High School Science & Engineering Fair
8:30am-9:30am Exhibitor Set-up/Safety Check
12:30-1:30pm Lunch-provided by MCLA
1:30-2:15pm Open to the Community
2:15pm Keynote Speaker & Awards Ceremony in Amsler Gymnasium
- December 2, 2016: Online SRC application deadline. As submitted they will be reviewed on a rolling basis for approval.
- December 9, 2016: Copies of signed paperwork due to Regional SRC (if project falls under a Restricted Area of Research) Please see the SRC Instruction Guide on the website.
- February 6, 2017: Western Mass Registration forms for competing projects (15 projects per school)
- March 10, 2017: Western Mass High School Fair at MCLA
- May 5 & 6, 2017: Mass State Fair at MIT
- Intel ISEF Los Angeles, CA May 14-19, 2017
Projects that fall under Restricted Areas of Research MUST be reviewed by Regional Scientific Committee before research begins. Restricted Areas of Research are projects that include:
- Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents (microorganisms, rDNA, human and vertebrate animal tissue, blood, body fluids, etc.);
- Vertebrate Animals;
- Human Subjects;
- Hazardous Chemicals, Activities, or Devices;
- Controlled Substances.