Sowing Seeds for Success
The MCLA Campaign for the Future
TIME FRAME - 3 years
LAUNCH DATE - October 3, 2012
GOAL - $30 Million
PROGRESS - $29.01 Million
- MCLA has launched an Athletic Field Initiative in an effort to raise funds to support expanding opportunities for student use of the athletic field by installing lights, thereby extending the hours of available use. The cost of the field lights initiative is $400,000. The College is committed to supporting this $400,000 campaign with a 1:1 dollar match as part of the College's master plan to upgrade athletic facilities.
- On Friday, Oct. 4, 2013 colleagues, friends, supporters, and community members attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the newly named Feigenbaum Center for Science and Innovation on the MCLA campus.
The Center's new name was revealed at the ceremony, in addition to the news that the College received a $5 million pledge - the largest in the College's history - to the Campaign.
The pledge establishes a new endowed fund that focuses on innovation and leadership in honor of Dr. Armand V. Feigenbaum and his brother, Donald S. Feigenbaum, who passed away earlier this year. The Feigenbaums founded and led the General System Company, a worldwide leader in the field of Total Quality Management.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is beginning the most significant transformation in our history.
Our growth and transformation will be driven by the success of The MCLA Campaign for the Future, which seeks to dramatically increase private support for the College. MCLA depends on private philanthropy combined with state support to achieve excellence.
The most ambitious fundraising initiative in the College's history, contributions to the Campaign will:
- Create and sustain an unprecedented growth and expansion of College initiatives
- Invest in a transformational opportunity to leverage $54.5 million in state support allocated to construct a new Center for Science and Innovation and renovate Bowman Hall
- Advance the Berkshires as a hub of innovation and expanded educational excellence, driving future regional academic success
For more information on the Campaign or how to give, please contact: