News & Events  |  Contact Us  |  Visit MCLA  |  People Finder  |  Search   


Career Services


Student Employment 

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts offers of number of opportunities for students to earn money and pursue engagement with the campus community. Students may apply for Federal Work Study and College funded positions.
Federal Work Study: If you need financial assistance to help with college expenses, you may qualify for the Federal College Work-Study Program. Eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office using information from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you qualify, the Financial Aid Office will send you a notification and request that you confirm your financial aid package.

College Fund Positions: College fund positions are provided by campus departments and are available to all MCLA students regardless of whether they have been awarded Work Study or not.

Liberal Arts At Work: Professional development program geared towards incoming freshmen.

All student employment opportunities are posted online through MCLA's job site. Students may review postings and apply directly through this site

Click Here

The process for finding a job:

  1. Search and apply for positions.
  2. You will be notified by the hiring manager if you have been hired. Managers may require an interview before a decision is made.
  3. Once you have been hired, you must complete the required student employment paperwork before you begin working and receive clearance approval from Human Resources.

Required Paperwork: All student employees must complete the following forms with the Human Resources Office, located on the first floor of Mark Hopkins prior to starting.

-Student Employee Data Sheet
-Federal I-9 Form
-W-4 Form
-Direct Deposit Form (There are a number of local banks in which students can open accounts with)

You will also need to provide two forms of original identification. A Driver's License (State ID or School ID) and your Social Security Card or Birth Certificate will suffice. A passport also counts as an acceptable form of identification. Please review the Federal I-9 Form for other acceptable forms of identification.

Work Schedule 

A student's work schedule is determined by the supervisor. Students may not work more than 8 hours in one day. Students may hold more than one employment position but they may not work more than a total of 20 hours in one week.

Off Campus Employment

Local job opportunities are posted to First Class in the "Job Opps" folder. If you need assistance finding a job, writing a resume or cover letter, completing a job application, or need any other job search help, please contact CSSE/Career Services. Our staff is ready to help you.