CSSE/Academic Support - Writing Associates and STEM Associates
Who May Receive Assistance?
All MCLA Students!
- students who drop in needing individual or group help with their writing
- students who are referred by faculty
- students for whom English is a second language
- students who are enrolled in First Year Experience courses
We can help you with:
- composing a thesis statement
- organizing and developing ideas
- identifying resources for grammar and punctuation
We work with you in various stages of the writing process. We offer:
- constructive feedback
- assistance with proofing
- assistance with citations
- assistance with lab reports
Writing Associate Schedule ~ Fall 2014 Freel Library
Writing Associate Table- look for the sign
ONLINE: All Associates Are Also Online During Above Scheduled Times
You may submit a document online at any time; you will receive a response during the next scheduled time slot listed above because students who come in person receive help first.
To access a Writing Associate ONLINE:
Log into Outlook 365.
Click on the "Writing/STEM Associates" button on the left and proceed to the page where you can upload your paper.
* Writing Associates need more than 24 hours to edit and respond to a paper.
For further information, contact Kate Heekin, Assistant Director of CSSE, 413.662.5309, or Mary Levitt, Writing Coordinator, Department of English/Communications, 413.662.5494.
STEM Associates can help you:
- review lecture material
- review lab requirements
- work on homework assignments
Drop in to see them!
BIO HELP: See Kennedy Valois! Mondays and Wednesdays, 2-3pm in the Center for Science & Innovation room 101.
PHYSICS HELP: See James Chapman! Mondays, 12-1:30pm. Wednesdays, 12-1pm in the Center for Science & Innovation room 122.
MATH HELP: See Heather Chiros! Mondays & Thursdays, 7-8:30pm in the Center for Science & Innovation room 307.
COMPUTER SCIENCE HELP: See Andrew Nelson! Mondays, 12-1:30pm and Thursdays, 7-8pm in Murdock room 120.