CSSE/Academic Support - Writing Associates
Who May Receive Assistance?
All MCLA Students!
- students who drop in needing individual or group help with their writing
- students who are referred by faculty
- students for whom English is a second language
- students who are enrolled in First Year Experience courses
We can help you with:
- composing a thesis statement
- organizing and developing ideas
- identifying resources for grammar and punctuation
We work with you in various stages of the writing process. We offer:
- constructive feedback
- assistance with proofing
- assistance with citations
- assistance with lab reports
Writing Associate Schedule ~ Spring 2013 Freel Library
Writing Associate Table- look for the sign
1 - 6 p.m.
4- 8 p.m.
4 - 8 p.m.
4- 9 p.m.
6 - 9:30 p.m.
ONLINE: All Associates Are Also Online During Above Scheduled Times
You may submit a document online at any time; you will receive a response during the next scheduled time slot listed above because students who come in person receive help first.
To access a Writing Associate ONLINE:
- Open First Class Client and log in.
- Click On Academic Groups & Resources.
- Click On Send Document to Writing Associates and follow directions (be sure to include the course number of the class associated with the paper you are submitting).
A Writing Associate will correspond with you by means of First Class email.
For further information, contact Kate Heekin, Assistant Director of CSSE, 413.662.5309, or Mary Levitt, Writing Coordinator, Department of English/Communications, 413.662.5494.
STEM Associates can help you:
- review lecture material
- review lab requirements
- work on homework assignments
Drop in to see them!
Physics and Math help with Max Eve & Mike Testa
Mondays and Wednesdays 7 - 9:00 p.m. Bowman Physics lounge (downstairs)
Bio and Chem help with Sarit Mizrachi
Tuesdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Freel Library, main level
Bio help with Andy Martin
Wednesdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Freel Library, main level