The MCLA Association is the chapter of the Massachusetts State Colleges Association (MSCA) at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, itself part of the Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) and an affiliate of the National Education Association (NEA).
The broad purpose of the MCLA Association is to represent the faculty and librarians in matters of professional concern; specifically:
- To uphold high professional standards;
- To advance the socioeconomic well-being of its members;
- To assist in maintaining and improving the quality of education at the College;
- To assure just and reasonable academic responsibility;
- To represent any member who has a grievance;
- To act as liaison with the President of the College, the Administrators and the Board of Trustees; to keep - channels of communication open; and to attempt to resolve problems; and
- To structure the participation of the faculty and librarians in the governance of the College.
The 2016-2017 Executive Committee of MCLA's Faculty Association
Office location: 100 Porter Street, #3
|English and Communication|
Mike Birch/Graziana Ramsden
|David Eve||Computer Science|
|History & Political Science|
|Frances Jones-Sneed||History & Political Science||Member-at-large|