Welcome to the "Senior Corner"
CSSE/Career Services has built the Senior Corner to assist you with transitioning from college student to the professional world "Backpack to Briefcase!" Below is a list of suggested strategies to help you with planning your transition.
Request references from faculty, internship supervisor, student employment supervisor or other work supervisor
Prepare for your job search by creating a job search plan:
Complete intent to graduate form at the Registrar's Office (November 1st for December /January graduates and February1st. for May graduates).
Choose your path
Applying to graduate school can be a time consuming process, this is why we recommend that you start applying early.
- Visit our virtual Graduate school fair
- Gradschools.com allows you to review schools according to major, interest and values
Consider Graduate Schools Abroad
- Study across the pond offers a number of graduate degrees in The United Kingdom
- Browse degrees around the world
Develop a timeline: This timeline will help you have all needed materials in by the required deadlines.
- Letters of recommendation
- Have your resume critiqued by a professional
- Statement of purpose
Prepare for and take required test(s)
Use All Available Resources
- Petersons.com offers additional guidance
- The career center professionals offer valuable information to help you through this process.
- Paying for Graduate school can be challenging, be sure to consider your all of your options.
- E-mail schools and inquire about application fee waivers & assistantships
- Browse Student loans
- MEFA Graduate Loan
Not the path for you? Choose another path.
Meet alumni and others who can give you career advise.
Choose another path