Sunday, September 4th - Tuesday, September 6th, 2016
Moving in and getting acquainted
The beginning of school is an exciting time for the campus and for our new students. First Days is a 3-day social and educational program in which all new students can become better acquainted with the MCLA community. We look forward to having all our new students join in our college community through this three-day experience.
Our First Days program is sure to engage you in the spirit of our campus through community sharing opportunities, academic life components as well co-curricular experiences. Events throughout these days are carefully selected to assist with your transition into our MCLA college community.
Events that occurred within the First Days Program and as part of our Welcome Back series throughout September included:
- Academic success workshops
- PlayFair, community building speaker sessions
- Annual community service necessities drive
- March to Victory and Engagement Fair
- Traditional Academic Convocation followed by the President's Country Lunch
- The Student Activities Council also hosts late evening programming like: an Outdoor Movie and Comedy Stop
- Mt. Greylock Annual Hike: September 18th - open to new and returning students - Register today!
In addition to participating in educational and social programming opportunities, First Days allows you to connect with students and staff across campus. During First Days you will meet the following people: your roommate or other commuter students, your Peer Adviser and Resident Adviser, your FYE Instructor, staff, administration and faculty members. Making connections with our campus is made easy and fun during First Days!
Contact the Office of Student Development with any questions: 413-662-5102 or email Celia.Norcross@mcla.edu