First Year Students
As a first year applicant, MCLA evaluates you for admission based on high school academic performance and strength of curriculum, standardized test scores, and a personal essay in accordance with guidelines established by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education (DHE). Additionally, we encourage you to visit MCLA for a tour and to schedule a meeting with an admission counselor.
Application Requirements for First Year Students:
- Common Application
- Official high school transcript, including first quarter senior grades and any transcripts for college level courses taken (such as dual enrollment or early college courses). MCLA must receive verification of your high school diploma before you enroll.
- SAT I or ACT scores (MCLA's College Board code is 3521 and ACT code is 1908). The SAT essay portion is optional.
- Personal Statement/Essay (250 - 650 words, optional but highly recommended)
- December 1: Early Action (optional and non-binding). Applicants will be notified of an admission decision on or before Friday, December 16.
- March 1: Regular Decision (after March 1, decisions will be made on a rolling basis, space permitting)