Dual Enrollment Program
Berkshire County high school students seeking further challenge can earn free MCLA credit through the Dual Enrollment Program.
The College has an established program which allows qualified high school students to take a transferable, introductory college course at MCLA. The student would take the course at no cost.
- Earn college credit at no cost
- Enroll in a college course that can be transferred to another school, or get a head start on an MCLA degree
- Prepare students for the rigors of a college-level class and environment
- Allows exploration in an academic field of interest
- Strengthens college applications
- Inspires college aspirations
- Must be an area high school student
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Completion of brief MCLA Dual Enrollment application
- Minimum GPA is a 3.0 or demonstrate potential for academic success through steadily improving high school grades, special talent, strong grades in the desired college course, strong recommendations, etc.
Examples of courses high school students have taken at MCLA:
- Introduction to Sociocultural Anthropology
- Human Biology
We also provide an orientation to familiarize dual enrollment students with the expectations of the College and the services that are provided.
"I found it very easy to approach my professor. It's a fascinating experience to take a class with so many people from different backgrounds and age groups. We all had such different dreams and backgrounds, but we knew that we were there because of one common interest: to learn something new."
- Mount Greylock student
"My Human Biology professor is wonderful. She makes class really fun, but is also available after class if I have questions. I find it easy to follow along. I am learning about the human body and how it works. This is important because this is information I will need to know for my career choices."
- BArT student
Please contact the Office of Admission at 800.969.MCLA for more information on how to apply.