Improving Teacher Quality (ITQ) Grant
The ITQ grant, funded by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, focuses on professional development for pre-K through grade 2 educators. The project goal is to enhance children's learning and development by increasing educators' understanding of the science of early learning. This will be accomplished by:
- Increasing the content and pedagogical knowledge of 90% of participating teachers, and
- Producing 20 instructional units (see below) that are aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks including early learning.
Activities will include:
- College level early education courses,
- Workshops that focus on strategies that promote early learning in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics),
- Professional learning communities designed to produce innovative STEM units, and
- Community outreach and family events.