First Days Information
August 31st - September 2nd, 2014
The beginning of school is an exciting time for the campus and for our new students. We look forward to having all our new students join in our college community through this three-day experience. Our First Days program is sure to engage you in the spirit of our campus through community sharing opportunities, academic life components as well co-curricular experiences. Events throughout these days are carefully selected to assist with your transition into our MCLA college community.
Events that occur within the First Days Program and as part of our Welcome Back series throughout September include:
- Academic success workshops
- PlayFair, community building speaker sessions
- Annual community service projects
- MCLA Art Crawl
- Traditional Academic Convocation followed by the President's Country Dinner.
- The Student Activities Council also hosts late evening programming like: Casino Night, Karaoke and Comedy Stop.
- Mt. Greylock Annual Hike to occur Sept 7th - open to new and returning students Sign up Today
In addition to participating in educational and social programming opportunities, First Days allows you to connect with students and staff across campus. During First Days you will meet the following people: your roommate or other commuter students, your Peer Adviser and Resident Adviser, your FYE Instructor, staff, administration and faculty members. Making connections with our campus is made easy and fun during First Days!
Schedule of Events - take a sneak peak at the First Days Schedule
(Schedule and details within is still subject to change. Final copies will be distributed on August 31st.)