ALANA - Build Your Network, Learn to Lead
MCLA provides many options to ensure your success:
- Meet with the ALANA Coordinator, Thomas Alexander, who can connect you with upper class students, faculty, staff, and many opportunities in the community and abroad.
- Participate in ALANA clubs and organizations.
- Assume leadership roles in the Student Government Association and campus life. Become an Orientation Leader, Resident Advisor or Advisory Board member, or Peer Advisor.
- Participate in or lead Campus Conversations on Race.
- Engage in community service and outreach opportunities with community based agencies through the Multicultural Center.
- Help with multicultural overnights and open houses for prospective students.
- Apply for one of our scholarships.
- Attend Black History, Hispanic, Asian, and Cape Verdian heritage events
View our photo gallery.
ALANA and International Student Services
Campus Center, Room 319
Multicultural Center (student assistants, computers, and resource info)
Campus Center, Room 320
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Accessible evenings and weekends by student clubs and student staff.