Parent & Family Resource Center
The Parent & Family Resource Center at MCLA, housed in the Student Affairs Division Office, provides information to and supports the interests of the parents and families of MCLA students. The Center promotes a sense of community among parents and other family members and enlists participation in various efforts.
- Provides answers to a wide variety of inquiries about the College and student life;
- Sponsors Parent and Family Orientation sessions;
- Provides a venue for family members to share MCLA news;Enriches student life through programs consistent with the goals of the College such as Fall Family Weekend;
- Supports Office of Admission recruitment efforts; and
- Supports MCLA through gifts to the Annual Fund, providing much needed resources for our students.
For more information, please contact:
Lyndsay Isham-Morton, Coordinator of Student Conduct
Supporting Your Student
Provides important information about MCLA services and programs.
Campus Link: A Newsletter for Parents & Families
This monthly newsletter provides parents and families with important information to support your students while they are away at college.
Tips from the Counseling Services staff for managing the transition that all parents and students experience, especially during freshman year.
A list of several travel options for students whether they are traveling across town, across the region, across the state or across the country.
One of the most valuable things you can do to help a student with career planning is listen; be open to ideas, try to help your student find information, and be nonjudgmental. This guide provides 10 ways that you can help.
Satellite Emergency Facility is Open at Former North Adams Regional Hospital.
Following the closure of North Adams Regional Hospital, Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) opened a Satellite Emergency Facility (SEF) in the site of the former Emergency Room at NARH. The Satellite Emergency Facility provides comprehensive emergency services to the entire Northern Berkshire community and is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
The SEF is licensed through BMC and the BMC Emergency Department by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The SEF has emergency diagnostic services, including CT scanning, X-Ray and Laboratory testing. Patients, whether transported by ambulance or going to the facility on their own, are treated in the SEF. Severely injured or ill patients will be stabilized and transferred to the most appropriate hospital for further care, as there are no inpatient or surgical services available on-site.
MCLA continues to ensure that the medical needs of our students are met.
- The Office of Student Health Services and Public Safety Department continue to assist students with immediate health concerns.
- MCLA Health Services is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. during the academic year.
- In case of an emergency, the Department of Public Safety always operates 24 hours, 7 days a week and can be reached by dialing 413.662.5284 or on the emergency line at 413.662.5100 (ext. 5100 on campus). For emergency healthcare needs that require student transportation to the SEF, we have a system in place to support student transportation to and from the facility.
- We are maintaining physician and other provider coverage through the Health Services Office and for athletic training support at athletic events.
While this work continues, our partnership with world class Berkshire Medical Center will ensure continuity of care and quality service for those in our community who may need it.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact Theresa O'Bryant in Student Affairs at 413.662.5231.