If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus, DO NOT HANDLE IT!
- Evacuate the area and keep a safe distance from the potential hazard.
- Notify Campus Police immediately (campus phones ext. 5100 or 911; other phones 413.662.5100 or 911).
- Be specific when reporting the nature, description, and location of the suspicious object or potential bomb.
- Never enter/re-enter a space where a suspicious object or potential bomb is located until authorities say it is safe to do so.
If you receive a bomb-threat call:
- Remain calm and listen carefully!
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- Have someone call Campus Police immediately (campus phones ext. 5100 or 911; other phones 413.662.5100 or 911).
- Note time of call, gender, approximate age of the caller, background noise, emotional state of the caller, speech patterns, and if possible, a caller ID number on the phone.
- Ask the following:
When is the bomb going to go off?
Where is it right now?
What does it look like?
What kind of bomb is it?
What will cause it to explode?
Who placed the bomb?
Why did they place the bomb there?
What is your name?
What is a telephone number where I can reach you?