Damage to individuals or the environment can be caused by any sudden or slow release of hazardous materials. Hazardous materials can potentially encompass a wide variety of chemicals as well as human waste and other contaminates.
- Assume all unidentified substances or vapors are toxic and hazardous.
- Immediately evacuate the area where the contamination has occurred. If safe to do so, seal off the area to prevent further spread of contaminate.
- Call Campus Police (campus phones ext. 5100 or 911; other phones 413.662.5100 or 911). Be specific when reporting the nature, amount, and exact location of the involved material.
- Wait in a safe location for further direction and limit exposing others to the contaminate.
- Never enter or re-enter a space where a contaminate has been released.
Complete list of emergencies