Any student found responsible for a violation of code/policy, etc., by a hearing agent may appeal this decision. The appeal must specify whether the appeal is being made as a result of:- violation of due process;
- procedural errors adversely affecting the outcome of the hearing;
- the severity of the penalty/sanctions assessed; or
- new information that was not reasonably available at the time of the hearing.
Appeals of decisions reached in Residential Programs & Services staff hearings:- Must be filed with the Director of Residential Programs & Services or designee;
- Must be written/filed using the Residential Programs & Services Appeal form and filed
- Are usually heard by the Director of Residential Programs & Services.
Appeals of decisions reached in all other hearings:- Must be filed with the Student Affairs Division Office or designee;
- Must be written/filed using the Student Affairs Division Office Appeal form and filed in
- Must be filed within five (5) class days after the decision is reached but no later than
- Are typically heard by the Vice President of Student Affairs or designee.
In the case where a disciplinary hearing, regardless of the source, results in a Dismissal from the College sanction, and an appeal based on the severity of this sanction is sought, the appeal must be delivered to the Student Affairs Division Office. However, the Dismissal from the College sanction may be applied only by the College President. Therefore, any appeal concerning the severity of Dismissal from the College will be considered by an appeal agent appointed by the Board of Trustees.
Note: In cases dealing with sexual harassment and sexual assault both the complainant and the responsible student may appeal the decision for the reasons stated above in accord with the requirements of Title IX.