Where do commuters hang out?
Popular hangouts include the Amsler Campus Center; Centennial Room (1st floor), the Student Achievement Lounge (2nd Floor - currently under construction), Bowman Hall; C-Store (1st floor), Commuter Lounge (1st floor;Room 110), Venable Hall; Lounge (near the Biology Labs).
What are the Library hours?
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Noon to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon to 11:00 p.m.
* Library hours are extended during final exams
What are the campus dining hours in the Centennial Room?
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Closed 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Saturday & Sunday:
Brunch: 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Lite Lunch: 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
What are the C-Store hours?
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 11:00p.m.
Where can I park?
Commuters park in designated lots around campus. Commuter parking permits can be purchased through the Department of Public Safety for $30 a semester. Parking permits are issued on a first come first serve basis upon application and presentation of car registration, valid College ID and driver's license.
How can I find out about weather cancellations?
The College will close in the event of a major winter storm where certain conditions exist. College closing announcements are generally made before 6:00 a.m. that day.
- The Department of Public Safety maintains a cancellation number 413-662-5299 to inform students of campus closings as well as specific class cancellations.
- The following radio stations will air closing information: WNAW (1230AM), WUPE-FM (100.1FM), WBEC (1420AM), WBEC-FM (95.9FM), WHMP (1240AM), WHAI-FM (98.3FM), WBTN (1370AM)
- You can also navigate to the Colleges homepage for cancellation information
- In the Albany area the following TV stations will air closing information: WNYT (Channel 13), WTEN (Channel 10), WRGB (Channel 6)
- In the Springfield area the following TV stations will air closing information: WGGB (Channel 40), WWLP (Channel 22)
- You can also register for emergency text messages and voicemails sent directly to your cell phone. Click here to register for these alerts.
How can I get involved on campus?
With approximately 45 student organization on campus, it is extremely easy to become involved at MCLA! The College offers something for everyone: academic societies, intramural sports, specific interest clubs and student government. There's even a Commuter Advisory Board. Joining a club or organization is an ideal way to meet students who share similar interests. It's also a great way to make friends! For more information, contact Student Government Association at 413-662-5401 or stop by the office CC 316.
Is there an A.T.M. on campus?
There is a TDBank A.T.M. located on the first floor of the Amsler Campus Center.
What options do I have if I can't get a ride?
The MCLA Shuttle provides complimentary shuttle service around North Adams and to the Berkshire Mall. Information: 413-662-5249
The "B" Bus operated by the Berkshire Regional Transit Authority provides daily service to the Berkshire Mall and into Pittsfield. Information: 800-292-BRTA or 413-499-2782
MassRIDES offers free assistance to employers, commuters, students and other travelers in regards to car and van pooling, transit assistance and commute cost calculations. This program is supported with emergency ride home services. Information: 1-888.4Commute
Berkshire Rides is dedicated to removing transportation barriers. Berkshire Rides helps people get to work, job training, internships, student teaching, employment counseling and interviews and operates 24 hours, seven days a week, including holidays. Information: 413-664-0300
American Cab Company/American Livery serves Berkshire County seven days a week, 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Information: 413-663-3000
American Cab Company/American Livery serves Berkshire County providing airport service transportation. Operates a service to airports 24 hours, seven days a week with one week notice. Information: 413-663-3000