2013 COPLAC Undergraduate Research Conference
October 25-26, 2013
MCLA is pleased to welcome to campus the 2013 Northeastern Undergraduate Research Conference of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges. The conference will feature paper and poster sessions in the humanities, the arts, the social sciences, and the natural sciences, as well as an art exhibit and a performance session. The presenters will be discussing their work with the MCLA campus community and the participants from six COPLAC colleges:
Eastern Connecticut State College
Keene State College
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Ramapo College of New Jersey
University of Maine, Farmington
For more information, contact Prof. Graziana Ramsden, 413.662.5399, Graziana.Ramsden@mcla.edu.
Conference registration will be on the ground floor of the Center for Science and Innovation beginning at 4 p.m. on Friday, October 25.
- Posters set-up will begin on Friday at 4 p.m. on the 1st floor of the Center for Science and Innovation. Push pins will be provided.
The conference lots will be marked "Event Parking".
- On Friday, cars and vans can be parked in the Freel Library parking lot, across the way from the Center for Science and Innovation;
- On Saturday, cars and vans can be parked in the Church St. Center lot, the Hoosac Hall lot, and in the spaces around Murdock Hall.
- Minibuses can drop off participants on campus and can be parked in the city lot adjacent to the Holiday Inn, across from the Peebles department store.
AMENITIES / ACTIVITIES
- Wireless access is available. Instructions will be distributed at check in on Friday.
- Breakfast will be available 8:30-9:30 a.m. Saturday morning in Murdock 218.
- Starting at 2 p.m. on Saturday, snack bags will be available in Murdock 218.
- Lunch will be provided 12:30 p.m. Saturday in the gymnasium located in the Amsler Campus Center.
- A convenience store (the P.O.D., Provisions on Demand) is located on the first floor of the Amsler Campus Center, close to the Centennial Dining Room. The P.O.D. offers snack, housekeeping, and personal items. Open 11 a.m. to midnight. Accepts DB Points, cash, and credit cards.
- A Subway restaurant is also located on the first floor of the Amsler Campus Center and is open 11 a.m. to midnight.
- Fall weather in the Berkshires brings warm days and chilly nights. Please plan accordingly.
- Most restaurants in the area close by 9 p.m.
- MASS MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art) is very close to campus and is open weekends 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Local taxicab:
Norm's Limousine, 413.663.6284
American Cab Co., 413.663.3000
North Adams Regional Hospital, 413.664.5000, 71 Hospital Ave.
Rite Aid, 413.663.5270, 60 Lincoln St.
CVS Pharmacy, 413.664.8712, Veterans Memorial Drive
Stop & Shop Pharmacy, 413.664.8550, 876 State Road