- Respectful Climate: We expect that all employees of Massachusetts
College of Liberal Arts will contribute to making our working climate
one that is characterized by respectful interactions, cooperation among
department personnel, open and constructive communication and trust.
- Solicitation: In order to avoid disruption of service and possible
irritation to the workforce, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
forbids all unauthorized solicitation during work hours.
- Telephone: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts telephones are to
be used for College business only. The Department Director or a
designated staff member must approve personal calls of an emergency
nature; 900 calls are never allowed.
- Bulletin Boards: All department bulletin boards will be used as a
supplementary form of communication and, with few exceptions, should
only contain material that pertains to the business practices of
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts. Employment opportunities are
posted on the bulletin board outside the Human Resources Department, on
other employee bulletin boards across campus, and on the College
- President's Newsletter: A "Notes and News" newsletter is sent from
the Office of the President to all employees electronically on a
biweekly basis providing new and current employee information, as well
as campus and community social events.
- Drugs/Alcohol: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts adheres to
the principles of the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Drug-Free Schools
and Communities Act. All employees are expected to be capable of
satisfactorily performing their jobs and behaving properly. The use of
illegal drugs by College employees, at any time, will not be tolerated. Moreover, the use of alcohol or other intoxicants, or the effects of
the use of alcohol or other intoxicants during work hours, will not be
tolerated. Employees who violate this policy will be subjected to
disciplinary action up to and including termination. For additional
information please see the "Drug-Free Workplace Policy" under the
Policies and Procedures section of this Handbook.
- Harassment: Sexual, racial, age, disability, religion or any other
form of harassment is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated in
the workplace. If harassment occurs, swift and appropriate action, up
to and including termination, will be taken.
- Mail: Voice, electronic, facsimile and other forms of College
communications are to be used for business reasons only. Employees who
violate the College's policy will be subjected to disciplinary action up
to and including termination.
- Office Equipment: All Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts office
equipment and supplies, including, but not limited to, stationery, copy
machines and computers, are to be used for business reasons only. Employees who violate the College's policy will be subject to
disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
- Computer Use: The MCLA Computer Acceptable Use Policy states that
college computers and software will be used exclusively for college
business use only.