PI LAMBDA THETA
The International Honor Society and Professional Association for
We invite all eligible students to become members of Pi Lamda Theta, the international honor society and professional association for educators. "Our mission is to provide leadership for the profession, to promote academic excellence at all educational levels, to foster an environment for professional growth and to recognize outstanding educators."
Membership benefits include the following:
- Scholarships for study in education
- A quarterly journal
- Information on current research
- Research grants
- Access to job search and referral services
- Classroom teacher support for field research
- Active participation in leadership conferences
- National awards for excellence
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Membership in Pi Lambda Theta and MCLA's campus chapter, Gamma Mu, is open to MCLA students and graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Plan to pursue a career in education
- Have achieved a grade point average of at least 3.5 and/or have achieved certification by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Have successfully completed Phases I and II in the teaching certification program. Undergraduates must have obtained at least junior status.
- Graduate students must have successfully complete at least 20 credits in the graduate program
Pi Lambda Theta members are entitled to wear gold honor cords and pins at graduation, which will be presented at the initiation ceremony.