MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college. Our campus, part of the Massachusetts State University system, is nestled in the culturally rich and scenic Berkshires in North Adams, Mass.
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine voted MCLA in the 100 best colleges that combine outstanding academics with an affordable cost for 2015.
That's because we offer:
- Small undergraduate classes (1:13 faculty-to-student ratio)
- Innovative teaching
- Personal interactions with faculty
- Opportunities for research
- A supportive, collaborative community
- Academic travel and study abroad courses in more than 31 countries
- Annual Undergraduate Research Conference
- Service learning and community engagement
- A varied array of internships
- Theater, music, art and arts management
- Championship athletic teams
- More than 40 student organizations
MCLA provides a strong, supportive, diverse community - both on campus and off. We offer the ideal environment for learning, growing, and developing leadership skills. Check out what's happening on campus and read the latest news.
We can help you find your voice and make your mark, right from the start.