MCLA Exceeds Your Expectations, Right from the Start
MCLA offers the experience of a high-quality, small, private college at an affordable, public cost. Our graduates are critical thinkers, effective communicators, and well-rounded, engaged citizens - just what employers seek. Students consistently tell us that MCLA expands their world and increases their confidence more than they ever thought possible.
Take advantage of the many opportunities to engage in a dynamic and transformative liberal arts education that encourages excellence, innovation, intellectual discovery, social conscience, and success in academic and co-curricular programs.
- Work closely with our dedicated, accomplished, accessible faculty (1:13 faculty-to-student ratio).
- Combine outstanding classroom learning with research projects, internships, travel courses, and service learning projects.
- Use our established curriculum or design your own course of study.
- Assume leadership roles both on and off campus.
- Flourish in a supportive environment that embraces diversity.
We are a proud member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC). These selective institutions are nationally recognized as outstanding for small classes, innovations in teaching, personal interactions with faculty, opportunities for faculty-supervised research, and supportive atmosphere.
The Mind's Eye, MCLA's Liberal Arts Journal
Get to know some of our professors better by reading issues of our journal, The Mind's Eye. While emphasizing articles of scholarly merit,The Mind's Eye focuses on a general communication of ideas of interest to a liberal arts college, including expository essays, reviews, fiction, and articles on poetry and art.