Students walking across the quad

Student Accounts/Bursar's Office

Frequently Asked Questions


When is my bill due?

We bill by semester. The fall semester bill is mailed in early July and will be due in early August. The spring semester bill will be mailed in early December and will be due in early January. A $75.00 late fee will be assessed on accounts not satisfied by the due date listed on the bill.


What method of payment is acceptable? 

We accept cash, personal checks and money order. You may pay on-line with a debit/credit card by going to MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted. No processing fees apply.


What do I do with my bill if I will be receiving Financial Aid? 

If you have an accepted financial aid award, it will show as a credit on your statement.


What if I would like to pay in installments?

You can enroll in an interest-free monthly payment plan through Tuition Management Systems. You may reach them at (800) 722-4867 or online at There is an enrollment fee of $40 per semester and you can pay in 5, 4 or 3 installments.


What if I need my student loan refund to purchase books? 

You may be eligible for a book advance if your financial aid exceeds the amount of your charges.  If your financial aid does not exceed the amount of your bill, you would  not be eligible for a book advance from Student Accounts.


What kind of meal plan will I have?

If you are a new student and will be residing on campus, you will be required to have the 225 Block Meal Plan. This plan provides you with 225 all you care to eat meals per semester. In addition, you receive $355 of Declining Balance Dollars to spend at any dining locations on campus. You also will have $25 of Blazer Bucks which can be used anywhere on campus as well as off campus with a variety of local vendors.


Do I need to come to the Student Accounts/Bursar's Office to activate my meal plan? 

Your meal plan will automatically be put on your student ID card.  


What if I want to change my meal plan or don't want my meal plan? 

Students at a freshmen or sophomore grade level must have the 225 Block Meal Plan. Students at junior grade level are allowed to adjust their plan down one level. Senior grade level students are not required to have a meal plan and are not automatically assigned. Grade level is determined upon admission to MCLA. For further meal plan information visit  


What if I have a dietary restriction and am unable to eat on campus?

If you have a dietary restriction or medical reason for not being able to utilize the dining facilities on campus, please obtain a note from your physician and submit that to the Student Accounts Office. We will work together with our Health Services Office and Aramark Food Services to find the best solution to fit your needs.


What if Student Health Insurance is listed on my tuition bill and I am already covered by an existing health insurance policy? 

Go to and click "Waiver Form" in order to submit your policy information.  You need to complete this form each year that you are enrolled at MCLA.


What if I need to purchase student health insurance from MCLA?

Go to and click "Enrollment Form" and then complete the enrollment form.


What if my check is returned by the bank? 

Our bank will automatically redeposit your check and if it is returned a second time, a $25 returned check fee will be added to the student's account.  Your replacement check must be in the form of a bank check or money order. 


What if I have a question about my bill? 

The Student Accounts Office is located in Eldridge Hall and staffed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.  The office may be reached at (413) 662-5230 and our fax number is (413) 662-5105.  You may email the office at


What if my address changes?

Students are responsible for maintaining their permanent address on record with MCLA through the Student Records office. You should contact them in writing with your change of address or visit the Student Records office to have the change made.


What if a parent or someone else needs to speak to Student Accounts or Financial Aid regarding my bill or financial aid?