Northern Berkshire Adult Basic Education Program
The Northern Berkshire Adult Basic Education Program (NBABE) based at Massachusetts
College of Liberal Arts for over 30 years. In that time it has continuously helped
many area adult learners achieve their academic & Career goals. That is the continuing
mission of the program. All classes are free and funded by the Massachusetts Department
of Elementary & Secondary Education; Adult and Community Learning Services.
All in person Adult Education Program classes have been suspended for the remainder
of the spring semester, as a result of the Corona virus. We will be contacting students
to discuss a plan to assist you in continuing to move forward with continuing your
studies. Please contact the office at 413-662-5386 or 413-662-5330 with any questions.
Classes are held on the lower level of the Freel Library on the MCLA Campus.
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)Improve basic reading, writing and math skills
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE) Prepare for the new High School Equivalency Test/GED
- Blended Learning Prepare for the High School Equivalency Test and college and career
& Career Readiness in class & on line
- ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages Classes - are for non-fluent English
speakers who want to improve their language skills. Curriculum is designed to help
with personal, social and business communications & prepare for U.S. citizenship.
College & Career Readiness
- Bridge to College Build the skills needed to be successful in a post secondary educational environment
- Employability Skills Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Pre-employment readiness for students preparing for this entry level health care position
- Out of School Youth Program. This program is a collaboration with MasHire Berkshire Career Center to provide support
for eligible individuals between 16 - 24 years of age.
How to Enroll
To make a referral, please use our Referral Form
All sessions are held on the Lower Level of Freel Library on the MCLA Campus
Enrollment for fall 2019 is currently taking place. Fall classes will begin on Monday,
September 9th, please call 413-662-5330 for more information.
Robert Bouquet - Program Director
Phone - 413-662-5386 or 413-662-5330
Fax - 413-662-5319
Request More Information About ABE
Northern Berkshire ABE in iBerkshires, January 2016
Northern Berkshire Resource Guides
MCLA/Ed2Go Online Training