The Center for Student Success and Engagement (CSSE) offers academic advising support
throughout your time at MCLA, empowering you to make informed educational, career,
and life decisions.
We can help you with:
- General college and academic program information, including core curriculum, declaring
or changing a major or minor, and graduation requirements
- Advising for all undeclared students
- General advising for non-matriculated students, and non-traditional adult learners
- Prior learning credit and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credit
- Class registration and schedule adjustments for undeclared students
- General academic difficulties, academic recovery related to suspension and probation
How to Prepare for Advisor Meetings
Checklist to prepare you for registration:
- Read the Registration Alert email to find out when you are scheduled to register.
Athletes and other special groups register early; be sure you know the correct date.
- Clear any holds on your account (e.g. Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Health Services).
You can view holds in Banner, under the Student tab (Student Records).
- Make an appointment with your advisor well in advance of your designated registration
time. When you meet, you will receive your registration PIN.
- View Degree Works (or Banner degree evaluation. if you entered MCLA before fall 2016)
to develop a draft schedule to review with your advisor.
CSSE - Forms and Applications