One of the most common ways to satisfy your account is to go online and pay by credit
card/ACH through your myMCLA Portal. However, if someone besides you wants to pay
your student bill online, they will need to be added as an authorized user. By adding
them as an authorized user, the individual gets their own account to log in and make
Please know that adding someone as an authorized user is not the same as completing our Student Financial Services FERPA form. The Student Financial Services FERPA form allows us to discuss information on your
account with someone besides you. The authorized user form allows partial access to
make payments and/or view account history.
If someone is going to pay your bill AND may want to call us to ask questions about
it, it is recommended that you add them on your FERPA form AND add them as an authorized
Authorized users can log in with their credentials below.
Authorized User: Pay Online
How To Add or Remove An authorized User
- While logged into the myMCLA Portal, you must go to the Bill Payment Page. (The Bill Payment Page can also be accessed while on the myMCLA Portal under the
Student Academics drop down menu and by clicking Pay Your Bill.)
- When on the Bill Payment page, navigate to the right side of the page and look for
the My Profile Setup section. In this section, click the link that says Authorized Users.
- Once in the Authorized Users section, it will show you any currently authorized users you may have. Click the
Add Authorized User link.
- Enter the valid email address of your new authorized user you would like to add, then
select "Yes" or "No" to the question about payment history and account activity.
(Payment history and account history includes tuition and fee charges, room and board,
fines, financial aid, deposits, and payments toward the account. By selecting "Yes,"
the authorized user would be able to see all of this. By selecting "No," the authorized
user would only be able to see the remaining balance owed to MCLA.)
- Submit the agreement to add the authorized user by reviewing the information, selecting
"I Agree," then hitting "Continue". You have successfully added someone as an authorized user.
- Tell your new authorized user to check their email. They will receive two emails from us, one of which includes a temporary password
they must use. They will select a new password upon first login and will complete
their profile. Once they complete their profile, you will see their name listed next
to the email address in the Authorized User tab. This authorized user can log in as long as you continue to grant them access.
The authorized user can log in with their information here.
- To remove or change access of an authorized user, you can access the Authorized User
section and click the button under the Action section next to their email address. From here, you can edit access to account/payment history, delete them as an authorized
user, or show the authorized user agreement.
Questions? Contact us!
If you are having any difficulty adding someone as an authorized user, contact us
at StudentAccounts@mcla.edu or 413.662.5230.