If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus, DO NOT HANDLE IT!
- Evacuate the area and keep a safe distance from the potential hazard.
- Notify Campus Police immediately (campus phones ext. 5100 or 911; other phones 413.662.5100
- Be specific when reporting the nature, description, and location of the suspicious
object or potential bomb.
- Never enter/re-enter a space where a suspicious object or potential bomb is located
until authorities say it is safe to do so.
If you receive a bomb-threat call:
- Remain calm and listen carefully!
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- Have someone call Campus Police immediately (campus phones ext. 5100 or 911; other
phones 413.662.5100 or 911).
- Note time of call, gender, approximate age of the caller, background noise, emotional
state of the caller, speech patterns, and if possible, a caller ID number on the phone.
- Ask the following:
- When is the bomb going to go off?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Who placed the bomb?
- Why did they place the bomb there?
- What is your name?
- What is a telephone number where I can reach you?