No two situations are alike, but in the instance of a serious crime or act of violence
safeguarding lives is always paramount!
- Call Campus Police immediately (campus phones ext. 5100 or 911; other phones 413.662.5100
- Describe the nature, location, number of people, and if weapons are
- Stay on the line with emergency dispatchers if it is safe to do so. Answer questions
and follow the instructions of emergency personnel.
- Remain calm and try not to panic. Use common sense to determine whether to evacuate
or shelter in place.
- Remember details: clothing description, physical characteristics, more than one suspect,
- Assist emergency personnel when they arrive by supplying them with pertinent information.
Intervene only as a life-saving, last resort.